Consistently failing ASR Writer that causes backups to crash or go into a scan loop.
- Consistently failing ASR Writer that causes backups to crash or go into a scan loop.
- Cycle the VSS service, which puts the ASR Writer in a stable state.
- Rerun backups
- If they fail: Check the sq.log for what is being specifically reported as well as the Eventviewer to see if there are other VSS/volsnap events.
- Make sure the space on the volumes is not tight
- In Eventviewer also look at System Log for volsnap errors.
- No volsnap, but an error with SID and permissions
- Is a COM issue. Server is busticated and they need to reboot the PN.
- Standard Escalation Procedure